We are pleased to welcome Grace Love with Nadine's Kitchen to the Port Townsend Wednesday Farmers Market today. Grace will be serving up Southern soul food, including locally grown ingredients from 3pm to 6pm at the Haines Place Park and Ride (the Wednesday Farmers Market Opens at 2pm but Grace will join us at 3). Nadine’s Kitchen will offer a unique Southern food menu that draws on Grace's own family food heritage. Using lots of locally sourced ingredients, Grace brings a diversity to our rich local food offerings. Nadine’s Kitchen is named for Grace's mother, who inspired her to carry on the legacy of her love-filled food. Grace will be serving up Southern fried chicken sliders on biscuits, collard greens, mac and cheese, and more.
Join us at market today for dinner and pick up ingredients for tomorrow's home-cooked dinner from local farms. We have everything from artichokes to zucchini in season and fresh at your local farmers market.
Berries in Abundance at the PT Saturday Farmers Market
Berries in Abundance, our celebration of local berries, is just around the corner on Saturday, July 28th at the Port Townsend Farmers Market on Tyler Street, 9-2pm. Mark your calendars and get your pie pan ready for this berry-filled event. Chef Arran Stark of Jefferson Healthcare will be leading a chef demo, many of our artisan food vendors will have special berries dishes and berries will be available for sale from local farms.
We are also hosting a local berry pie contest. Pie contest registration is open on our website: Sign up today to participate here. Prizes include a baking essentials basket from the Food Co-op, a farmers market Flora bag filled with market goodies, Chimacum Corner Farmstand hat and more!
From Our Vendors
Hopscotch Farm's pickled beets and strawberry rhubarb preserves are back! Stop by the Port Townsend WednesdayFarmers Market to grab a jar or two and check out Meghan's fresh produce offerings as well. Today she will have salad mix, peas, basil, kale, and more!
Red Dog Farm is swimming in summer goodness! Basil, green beans, raspberries, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, sweet onions, and oh so much more!
This week Onatrue Farm will have a sale on field-grown slicing cucumbers. Pickelers are just around the corner.
Last week veggies had a fashion show at the Port Townsend Wednesday Farmers Market with Tanya from 4-H and fruit met veggie in the blender at the Chimacum Farmers Market with Stephanie of the YMCA.
This week we have more fun in store for you with POP Club at the Port Townsend Wednesday and Chimacum Farmers Markets. Today at the Port Townsend Wednesday Farmers Market Stephanie with the YMCA is leading food and farming focused crossword puzzles, word search, and is offering a veggie sampling. On Sunday at the Chimacum Farmers Market the Organic Seed Alliance will be exploring how plants grow with a match the seed to the plant activity. Come play and learn with us!
POP Club activities are open to kids of all ages and POP registration is open to kids between the ages of five and 12 years old. Experience, learn, make with our POP Club partners. After our weekly activity registered kids get $2 for fresh produce. Learn more at the market info booth.
- Today, July 18th Market, Port Townsend Wednesday Farmers Market, 2-6pm at the Jefferson Transit Haines Place Park and Ride
- New vendor! Grace Love with Nadine's Kitchen
- POP Club with the YMCA
- Saturday, July 21st, Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market, 9am-2pm, Tyler Street
- Live music by Intuitive Compass 10am-1:45pm
- Sunday, July 22nd, Chimacum Farmers Market, 10am-2pm, Chimacum Corner Farmstand
- POP Club with the Organic Seed Alliance 10:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday, July 28th Berries in Abundance at the Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market, 9am-2pm, Tyler Street
- Pie contest. Register your pie here.
- Chef demo with Arran Stark
- Live music by Harmonica Pocket
- Lots of fresh berries and berry food to enjoy and bring home
- Week of August 1-5 is National Farmers Market Week and National Breastfeeding Week
- "I love my farmers market" activity at all three Jefferson County Farmers Markets
- Jefferson Healthcare and Jefferson County Public Health host activities at the Port Townsend Wednesday and Saturday Farmers Markets in honor of Breastfeeding Week
- POP Club and more!
See you at the Market! Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. ~ Amanda