Hi Folks! I'm back. My thanks go out to Roxanne for her newsletter writing over the last two weeks while my family welcomed our newest member, Brighten Madrona Milholland Van Lelyveld.
I'm back in action just in time for the Uptown Street Fair this Saturday, August 19th. Port Townsend Main Street, the Port Townsend Arts Guild and the Jefferson County Farmers Markets are teaming up once again to bring you the Uptown Street Fair-- a free, family-friendly celebration in uptown Port Townsend. This year the Uptown Street Fair celebrates 27 years of fun. Join us from 9am to 3pm for the Port Townsend Farmers Market and from 9am to 5pm for great local music, the Port Townsend Arts & Crafts Fair, tasty food from our prepared food vendors, free art activities for families and much more. See you at the Street Fair. ~ Amanda
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 9 am – 3 pm, Port Townsend Farmers Market on Polk Street with prepared food and craft vendors on Lawrence and Tyler streets
- 9 am – 5 pm, Port Townsend Arts Guild Arts & Crafts Fair, Tyler Street
- 10 am, The Port Townsend Main Street Family Portrait Community Photo at the Fire Bell Tower. Gather at 9:45 am near The Fire Bell Tower for the town photo, which will be shot promptly at 10 am!
- 10 am – 3 pm, Art activities for children of all ages, Community Center grass
- 10:30 am – 4:45 pm, Live music featuring local talent!, Lawrence Street
- 2 pm GRANDLY LOCAL PARADE! Be a part of the fun! One of the shortest and most colorful parades in the Northwest! Original trophies created by Jeanne Moore, owner of Potpourri NW Interiors, and her creative crew. Awards presentation immediately following the parade. Meet by the East Jefferson Fire & Rescue Station.
LIVE MUSIC, INCLUDING:
- 10:30 am– 11 am, Stars of Tomorrow Winners – Emillia Nunn & Forrest Brennan
- 11 am – 12pm, PT Summer Band
- 12 pm – 12:30 pm, Steve Grandinetti
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm, Happenstance
- 1:30 pm – 1:50 pm, Anami
- 2:30 pm– 3:00 pm, John Maxwell and Jon Parry
- 3:00 pm– 4:45 pm, Jim Nyby and the F Street Band
UPCOMING MARKET EVENTS
- Sunday, August 20, 10 am- 2 pm, Chimacum Farmers Market, Chimacum Corner Farmstand
- Wednesday, August 23, 2 pm- 6 pm, Port Townsend Wednesday Farmers Market, Polk St
- Saturday, August 26, 9 am- 2 pm, Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market, Tyler Street
- Sunday, August 27, 10 am- 2 pm, Chimacum Farmers Market, Chimacum Corner Farmstand
- Wednesday, August 30, 2 pm- 6 pm, Port Townsend Wednesday Farmers Market, Polk St
- Saturday, September 2, 9 am- 2 pm, Tomato Taste Off, Tyler Street. Sample more than a dozen locally grown tomatoes and vote on your favorites, chef demo by Arran Stark featuring local tomatoes.
- Sunday, September 3, 10 am-2 pm, Chimacum Farmers Market and Kids' Day, Chimacum Corner Farmstand
From Our Vendors
Red Dog Farm- New this week are Tongue of Fire Shelling beans, German butterball potatoes, celery and sweet onions. Strawberries are FINALLY coming in! Just in time for Uptown Street Fair!
Paella House is coming back to the market and is bringing quite a variety of paellas this Saturday. You can expect to find the new Duck & Truffle Paella, Black Paella, the seasonal Paella de Padrones, Seafood Paella, Paella de la Huerta and Paella de Carne. Looking forward to being back at the market!
Short's Family Farm will be offering 10% off our whole, 1/2 and 1/4 beef and 10% off New York strip steak this weekend at the Port Townsend and Chimacum Farmers Market.
It is the dog days of summer at Onatrue Farm. Will have the first of the season Port Townsend grown sweet corn and watermelons this Saturday. We also have a plethora of really ripe cantaloupes, Padrone and NM chilli peppers. Oh yes, a fresh crop of cabbage too! Be sure to find us on Polk Street.
Dogs at Market
As a vendor I have noticed an increasing number of people bringing their dogs to the Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market. We have a "no pet" policy at the Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market. Dogs create problems at the market. They fight, they pee, they defecate, they trip shoppers up with their leashes. It was with community support that the Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market became a dog-free market place. Please respect your local vendors and community by leaving your dog at home on market day. Thank you.~ Janice Speck, Vendor, Janice Designs
Market Location Exploration
We want your feedback! Please visit our website and participate in our customer survey. Let us know where you want to shop for fresh, local food. You can find the survey on the home page or here. On behalf of the small, local businesses, families and farmers who make up our markets, thank you for sharing your voice and support.