This weekend is the Rhododendron Festival Farmers Market. In past years we have moved the market to Polk Street for Rhody Saturday. This Saturday we are not moving! We will be on Tyler Street from 9am-2pm. The first strawberries of the season have made it to market in time for Rhody weekend! Get to market early and visit SpringRain Farm and Orchard if you want some fresh, local berries.
Artisan Food Festival follows Rhody Market on Saturday, May 27th. We have a super fun, family friendly market day and evening lined up for you in partnership with Propolis Brewing. Visit the Farmers Market from 9am to 2pm on May 27th for chef demonstrations, cheese pairing by Mt. Townsend Creamery, visiting artisan food vendors, kids' activities with the Port Townsend Cooperative Playschool, and a photo booth where you can try on fun food props. In the evening the event moves to Propolis Brewing for live music by Abakis and Dirty Beat Duo, dancing, artisan food and kids' activities. Both day and evening events are all ages. $5 suggested donation for the evening event. Visit our website for more details.
Over the next two Saturdays we will host a raffle at our markets in support of live market music. We need your help to provide stipends to the talented performers who bring our community together each week with fun tunes. Purchase a raffle ticket (or 2...) and your contribution will go directly to the local and regional musicians who play at our markets. We have two great prizes for the raffle winner to choose from. The first is a night's stay at the beautiful Ravenscroft Inn. The second is a Flora bag filled with goodies from our market, including: our 25th anniversary t-shirt; market cup made by Millbrook Clayworks; a beautiful bracelet and earrings by artist Shirley Moss, the Chainmaker; a $15 gift certificate from One Straw Ranch; and a super cute baby bib and t-shirt hand-printed by Townsend Toad Kidswear. Raffle tickets are $5 and will be available throughout the day on Saturday May 20th and 27th as well as during the evening on May 27th. The drawing will take place during Artisan Food Festival at Propolis Brewing. You don't have to be present to win.
See you at the market! ~ Amanda
Upcoming Events and Music
Visit the Port Townsend Visitor Information Center during the month of May to see the Farmers Market's 25th anniversary display. We even have a Flora poster there in which to take your picture. Check it out.
- Saturday, May 20, Tyler St. 10am-1:45pm, Rhododendron Festival Market with live music by Stringology
- Saturday, May 27, Tyler St. 9am-2pm, Artisan Food Festival: 9:30am-1:30pm chef demos, 9am-2pm cheese tasting with Mt. Townsend Creamery, visiting food vendors, get your photo taken in the Flora hat
- Saturday, May 27, Artisan Food Festival After Party: Propolis Brewing, 2457 Jefferson Street, 5pm-10pm, live music by Abakis and Band as well as Dirty Beat Duo, local artisan food carts, kids' activities and more!
- Wednesday, May 31, Tyler Street: Port Townsend Food Bank 10am, Chef demonstration by Jefferson Healthcare's Chef Arran Stark
- Saturday, June 3, Tyler St. 9am-2pm, WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program voucher distribution day at the Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market, live music TBD
- Sunday, June 4, Chimacum Corner Farm Stand 10am-2pm, Opening and First Kids' Day at the Chimacum Sunday Farmers Market. WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program voucher distribution at market.
Have you noticed the mailbox at the market? This is our 25th anniversary year! Stop by the market booth if you would like to share something with us that you appreciate about the market or a letter of thanks to a vendor. We have a pen and paper for you. Much Thanks!
From Our Vendors
Red Dog Farm will be bringing stacks of colorful radishes to market! Pink, red, French breakfast and Easter egg will pack a punch of color to your salad. We also have Hakurei turnips, green onions, salad mix, arugula, herbs, and the last of our rabbs and over-wintered kales.