Artisan Food Festival this Saturday!
This Saturday, May 27th, is the 4th annual Port Townsend Artisan Food Festival! We have a super fun, family friendly market and evening after party lined up for you. Visit the Farmers Market from 9am to 2pm for chef demonstrations, cheese pairing by Mt. Townsend Creamery, visiting artisan food vendors, kids' activities with the Port Townsend Cooperative Playschool, a photo booth, and more! In the evening from 5-10pm the event moves to Propolis Brewing for live music by Abakis and Dirty Beat Duo, dancing, artisan food, and kids' activities. Both day and evening events are all ages. $5 suggested donation for the evening event. Visit our website or Facebook page for more details.
Event Line Up:
- 9am-2pm Market open, Tyler Street, 60+ vendors including visiting and new food vendors: Barbarian Fine Cuisine, Flutter By Pizza Pie, Eagles Song Health and Wellness and Lioness Organics
- 9am-2pm Cheese pairing with Mt. Townsend Creamery, including the season debut of Mt. Mystery cheese made in partnership with Mystery Bay Farm and featuring a scrumptious blend of goat and cow milk
- 9am-2pm Photo booth with food props, kids' activities on the Community Center grass with the Port Townsend Cooperative Playschool
- 9:30am Chef demonstration by Arran Stark of Jefferson Healthcare, main stage
- 11:15am Chef demonstration by Kelly Bell of Gray Wolf Ranch, main stage
- 12:10pm Sneak preview of June 3 Nanda show, OMDIGHABEN, main stage
- 12:30pm Chef demonstration by Gabriel Schuenemann of the Alder Wood Bistro, main stage
- 5-10pm Propolis Brewing, 2457 Jefferson St, Port Townsend
- 6pm Live music by Abakis
- 8pm Live music by Dirty Beat Duo
- 5-7pm Kids' activities on the grass
- 5-10pm Artisan food by Barbarian Fine Cuisine, Flutter By Pizza Pie, and Fiddlehead Creamery
Get your raffle tickets this Saturdays in support of live market music. We need your help to provide stipends to the talented performers who bring our community together each week with fun tunes. Purchase a raffle ticket (or 2...) and your contribution will go directly to the local and regional musicians who play at our markets. We have three great prizes for raffle winners. The first is a night's stay at the beautiful Ravenscroft Inn. The second is a Flora bag filled with goodies from our market, including: our 25th anniversary t-shirt; market cup made by Millbrook Clayworks; a beautiful bracelet and earrings by artist Shirley Moss, the Chainmaker; a $15 gift certificate from One Straw Ranch; and a super cute baby bib and t-shirt hand-printed by Townsend Toad Kidswear. Do you want to see that Nanda show? Our third raffle item is two general admission tickets to OMDIGHABEN on June 3rd plus some Nanda merch. Raffle tickets are $5 and will be available throughout the day as well as during the evening on May 27th. The drawing will take place at Propolis Brewing. You don't have to be present to win.
See you at the market! ~ Amanda
P.S. Send Amanda an email if you have an office space available for the farmers market. We are considering a move. Thank you!
Upcoming Events and Music:
- Wednesday, May 31, Tyler Street: Port Townsend Food Bank 10am, Chef demonstration by Jefferson Healthcare's Chef Arran Stark
- Saturday, June 3, Tyler St. 9am-2pm, WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program voucher distribution day at the Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market, live music TBD
- Sunday, June 4, Chimacum Corner Farmstand 10am-2pm, Opening and First Kids' Day at the Chimacum Sunday Farmers Market. WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program voucher distribution at market.
From Our Vendors
In addition to our amazing organic asparagus and strawberries, SpringRain is bringing our fresh, never frozen organic chicken to market this week and will have them the rest of the summer. Our organic pasture-raised chicken is tasty and full of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, so they are nutritionally dense. Choosing them is good for you and good for the chicken as well. Click here to see a video of our chickens foraging in the apple orchard.
Red Dog is bringing lots of delicious, healthy produce, including: baby bok choi, radishes, hakurei turnips, salad mix, spinach, cilantro, and lots of other herbs. Spring cleanse is on!
SUN!! If it's not too late. Come stop by the Midori Farm stand for your Memorial Day planting needs! We will have 13 varieties of tomato plants with a 4 for $12 special! We will also have a wide array of vegetable starts, including basil, beans, peppers, eggplants and other annuals of all kinds. We'll be selling seven varieties of farm grown sauerkraut and kimchi as well as our popular kraut dust.
This week Onatrue Farm is harvesting the first of our garlic scapes, and a few field grown zucchini! It will be one of the last weeks for that big thick leaf spinach. Enjoy it while you can. Some nice mature heads of lettuce and a small flush of oyster mushrooms will round out this week's offerings as we make the transition to early summer crops.
One Straw Ranch is offering 10% off assorted pork roasts this week. Are you thinking of a backyard BBQ? Pick up a package of lamb kabobs or pork Bratwurst, Italian or Chorizo sausage!
Mt Townsend Creamery and Mystery Bay Farm will be featuring our 2nd annual batch of Mt. Mystery cheese. It's a soft ripened mixed milk (goat and cow) cheese that we first collaborated on last year in celebration of MTC's 10th anniversary. It was so much fun working together and it tasted so great that we've done it again! Available only while supplies last (we made only 1 batch this spring).