JCFM Accepts Credit, Debit, EBT, Fresh Bucks, WIC and Senior FMNP
Debit/Credit Card at Market
The Jefferson County Farmers Markets offer a free ATM service. Customers can swipe any type of credit or debit card and receive $20 market tokens. We do not charge a transaction fee. Get your "Flora" market tokens at the farmers market booth. You can spend them at any market stand and change will be provided in dollars, not tokens.
The Jefferson County Farmers Markets are happy to support community access to local, seasonal and healthy food. We accept and match EBT, WIC and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) vouchers using Gimme5 and Fresh Bucks. This year we are also trialing a fruit and vegtable perscription program with Jefferson Healthcare and the Port Townsend Food Coop, VegRx.
Using Farmers Market Nutrition Program Vouchers (FMNP)
Seniors and families who are low-income may be eligible for Senior/WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers. JCFM matches Women Infant and Children (WIC) and Senior FMNP vouchers with $5 tokens through our community-supported Gimme5 food assistance matching program. Come to the market booth with your full packet of WIC/Senior FMNP vouchers and we will give you an additional $20 for fruit, vegetables, meat, cheese, eggs, vegetable starts, seeds and honey from local farm stands.
Support for Gimme5 comes from individual donation and from Port Townsend Food Co-op, Kristin Manwaring Insurance, and United Good Neighbors. Please visit our Support pages to learn more about supporting Gimme5.
WIC/Senior Farmers Market Voucher Rules:
- The WIC office at Jefferson Public Health and OlyCap distribute WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers.
- ONLY approved FARM VENDORS CAN accept WIC or Senior FMNP. Look for the WIC/Senior signs at participating market booths.
- WIC or Senior FMNP can be used to purchase fruit and vegetables only.
- Our vendors CANNOT give you cash back for WIC or Senior FMNP vouchers purchases.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Shopping with Fresh Bucks
Fresh Bucks is supported by a United States Department of Agriculture Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive grant. Fresh Bucks gives shoppers who receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP/EBT) more buying power for the purchase of local fruit, vegetables, herbs and vegetable plant starts.
Fresh Bucks can be used at participating farmers markets throughout Washington State. Other farmers markets that accept Fresh Bucks include: Bainbridge, Belfair, Bremerton, Kingston, Port Angeles, Port Orchard, Poulsbo, Sequim, Silverdale, Shelton and Suquamish.
- There is no limit on the amount of EBT dollars that can be matched.
- ONLY FARM VENDORS CAN accept Fresh Bucks.
- You can use Fresh Bucks all mixed vegetable farms stands.
- Vendors CANNOT give you cash back for Fresh Bucks.
EBT Token Rules:
- ONLY FARM AND PROCESSED FOOD VENDORS CAN accept EBT tokens.
- Change CANNOT be given for EBT tokens.