We Are No Longer Accepting Applications for the 2017 Season
How do I become a vendor?
1) Before you begin the application process for any of the Jefferson County Farmers Markets, please read our Vendor Guidelines. This is a requirement for successful completion of your application.
2) Apply online or download the APPLICATION here. This application can be used for the Port Townsend SaturdayFarmers Markets only. The Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market runs from April 1 through December 16, 9am to 2pm, and in November and December, from 10am to 2pm in uptown Port Townsend. Fall vendors will be accepted starting in September.
3) We will contact you if we have space for you at one or more of our markets. Space is especially limited at the Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market. New vendors must be from Jefferson County and priority is placed on accepting vendors that offer products not currently represented at our farmers markets.
How much does it cost to have a booth at the market?
The application fee for new vendors is a non-refundable $20. Returning vendors don't pay an application fee. Individual market fees below:
Saturday Market Vendors Pay:
- Non Farmers $25 per 10' x 10' stall or $10 for a 10x5 half stall
- Farmers $20 for a 10' x 10' booth or $10 per 5' x 10' booth ($10 half, $20 whole, $30 1.5 for 10' x 15', $40 double, etc..)
- $50 market membership fee (paid annually upon admission). For vendors starting in September or later this fee is reduced to $25.
- No fees for non-profit groups. However, we ask non-profits to consider joining us as a market member, a $30 annual fee.
- Plus 4% of gross sales per day
Wednesday and Sunday Markets:
- $20 market membership fee (paid annually upon admission)
- Daily flat fee of $20/day, no additional percentage fee
Who can have a booth at the market?
Farmers: One who raises the produce, plants or animals on land they own, rent or lease in the state of Washington or harvests seafood. As in the case of seafood, vendor must own/lease and operate the fishing vessel and be a legal resident of Washington State. This may include someone who processes produce grown on their property into a value-added product such as jams, cider, and salsa. Priority given to Jefferson County growers.
Processors: One who sells processed foods which they have personally prepared on property they own, rent or lease. Priority is given to Jefferson County based vendors who process food products using ingredients from Washington farms or waters.
Prepared Food: Offers freshly made food available for sale and immediate consumption on-site. Priority is given to Jefferson County based vendors who use ingredients from Washington farms and waters.
Space for new vendors is very limited at JCFM markets.
Arts/Crafts: Those who craft with their own hands products for sale. Items must be produced in Washington State. Priority is given to Jefferson County based vendors who source materials from local and agricultural sources. Space for new vendors is very limited at JCFM markets. Saturdays only.
Non-profits: Three booth spaces are offered to community groups on a space available basis at the Saturday market. The space is not to be used for political or religious purposes.
See the 2016 Guidelines for more info about what types of vendors we accept as well as rules and regulations.
Business License Info: All Vendors are required to submit copies of their Master Business License from the State of Washington. Additionally, all PT Vendors need to have a current City of Port Townsend Business License as well. Click here to apply online for one or both licenses.
PT Arts Guild Arts/Craft vendors looking for alternate sales outlets in Port Townsend can contact Donna Harding of the PT Arts Guild to find out about upcoming craft fairs in town. (360) 379-3813 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Food licenses? Download "The Green Book" & Contact WSDA Small Farms & Direct Marketing at (360) 902-2057 or email email@example.com. To determine what local health permits are needed, contact the Jefferson County Department of Health, at (360) 385-9413.